How long without vitamins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I'm getting my first bearded dragon today. I've ordered vitamins, but they're not coming until Wednesday... how long can a bearded dragon go without their calcium and vitamins? (I'm getting it from a person who can't care for it anymore. I don't know if they have his vitamins and calcium or not. The beardie's a juvenile.)

I've ordered JurassiCal spray-on and Reptivite. Are those ok?

Thanks!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
wolfiemorph":200q11ey said:
Hello!

I'm getting my first bearded dragon today. I've ordered vitamins, but they're not coming until Wednesday... how long can a bearded dragon go without their calcium and vitamins? (I'm getting it from a person who can't care for it anymore. I don't know if they have his vitamins and calcium or not. The beardie's a juvenile.)

I've ordered JurassiCal spray-on and Reptivite. Are those ok?

Thanks!

Not an issue .... if only a few days , even a couple of weeks if you are giving high calcium greens and good quality insects.

I use ReptiCalcium (not the VitD3 version) and AristoPet Repti-Vite.

I don't think spray on calcium is much chop.

I also have VetaFarm CalciVet solution but it's reserved for when I have rescues and sick lizards.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
wolfiemorph":11c1jbkr said:
Ohh okay, thanks.

If the vitamins I'm getting has D3 in them, should I get a powdered calcium without D3?

Yes .... apply some caution with artificial VitD3 given in suppliments , especially if you have a very good T5HO 10% - 12%uvb tube + a reflector hood.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
wolfiemorph":rb8w40ft said:
Right, thanks! Is this the same if I'll be using a mercury vapor bulb instead of a heat light and UVB light? (Sorry I'm asking so much.)

I believe it pays to be concervative regarding giving artificial VitD3 in the cases of :
>> MVB (especially very good ones like Arcadia's)
>> MVB + T8 10-12% UVB (in reflector hood)
>> MVB + T5HO 10-12% UVB (in reflector hood) in a tall viv about 2ft tall

If beardie gets sufficient UVB while basking and sufficient dietary calcium it should not require vitD3 fortified Calcium as it will make enough vitD3 itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom