How long should I wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. On monday I added the second bearded dragon to my collection. My first one is now almost a year old and so I decided I would get another one. When I got my first one there was no delay between being brought home and eating. She was eating that night and very active. The one I received monday however, is lethargic and is not really eating. Are these normal signs of relocation stress? I am not exactly sure if I am just being over anxious or if it is normal because this never happened with my first beardie. The temps are good and I am only holding it to put in the feeding bin twice a day to try and cut down on stress. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yup, those are normal signs of relocation stress.

The dragon should come around in a few days from now.

-Brandon

beardiebro

Original Poster
Ok thank you very much. Is there a general time period for this or does it simply depend on the individual bearded dragon?

beardiebro

Original Poster
just for the record his/her temps are 101F on the basking spot and in the low 80's on the cool side. Should I create a little higher basking spot or is that ok?

beardiebro

Original Poster
ok thank you. Tomorrow I will go buy another thing for him/her to bask on that gets closer to the light.

beardiebro

Original Poster
Just as an update the basking temperature has been 110F since Friday morning. He has become more lively, but still has not eaten. I gave him a bath tuesday and another one today.

beardiebro

Original Poster
I am using a reptisun 10.0 which I have velcro on so it is in the enclosure. He can get within 5-6" inches from it.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm, well I'm not sure what's going on then, I know that my little guy wouldn't eat outside his tank, I tried tough love for a week to no avail. Now I feed him in his tank after I remove all his furniture he eats like a little pig in there. Maybe he's just finicky too lol.

Kalyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom