How long does it take to get over an URI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie got an antibiotic shot on Tuesday for a respiratory infection and mouth infection, the mouth infection definitely looks better but she still seems like she has a lot of saliva? In her mouth, she still breathes kind of heavy sometimes and she is still kind of lethargic. I don't know if if maybe takes a couple days for her to fully improve or if I should call the vet and tell them because she is definitely doing better I have not seen her blow bubble's or anything lately but she still isn't herself yet

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
They gave her an antibiotic shot at the vet and have her on oxbow critical care they also have her on a medication for her mouth since she had a mouth infection too

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your dragon is not feeling well! Do you happen to know the name of the antibiotic
they gave her, by chance?
Usually respiratory infections can take a week or longer to really start clearing out. They
get better very slowly. Are you keeping her warmer in her tank overnight also?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Naomifaye94

Original Poster
The antibiotic was doxycycline and so it does take more than a couple days? And I was trying to come up with ways to keep her warmer overnight I already have a ceramic heat emitter. I was looking into heat mats but I heard they are not a good idea. I work until 11:30 and her timer goes off at 9:30 so when I come home I try to find where she's sleeping and put that over her and thanks I'm hoping she gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom