How long does it take to establish a dubia colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder86

Hatchling Member
I have to baby BDs that are to small to eat anything but the smallest roaches, only about 6" long. I want to get a colony started before they are big enough to eat them so I was wondering how long it takes to get one established. I was thinking of getting one of the starter kits from the roach guy, any recommendations?

john_ny217

Juvie Member
well if you ask this question in the "feeders" forum you will probably get lots more answers.

however, when starting with dubias, it all depends on how you go about things. If you want to start a colony and be able to feed off of it while it is growing then obviously you are going to want a mix of adults and nymphs. I would suggest getting as many adults as possible especially females. I would have 1 adult male for every 3-5 adult females, put them in a rubbermaid tub with some egg crates, food, water crystals and heat source and just leave them alone for a few months other than to give more food, water, etc..

then in a few months you will have lots of babies and it should be ready to start feeding from.

spyder86

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you, sorry i put it in here but every time i put a post where it is supposed to be i never get an answer so i put it here and get my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom