How long does brumnation last? I miss my little guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
How long does brumnation usually last approximately? I miss having my little guy run around! He's been down a few weeks though and although he had a bright day a few days ago im guessing he's gonna be down a while longer.
To be honest it couldn't have come at a better time - i have 8 hatchling corn snakes to look after and im getting so much work to do for university at the moment with my dissertation coming up! We get the weekly bath but i still feel kinda bad that i'm glad he's sleeping!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
It depends on the dragon really. From my experience my 2 year old male slows down about late August and wakes up mid-late November. This is what he did last year and this year seems about the same although I think he will be waking up later.

My 3ish year old female does not sleep at all. She will have a few slow days where she'll hide for a few hours but she always comes back out.

Others have beardies who only sleep for a few weeks, while some are slow for half the year it seems. It seems to be up to them for the most part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom