how long do your beardies eating habits change in shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer

Hatchling Member
My baby dragon had a huge appetite and then it slowed down when she was about to shed her head. after her head shed she started eating a lot again but her whole back is dull colored now and she isn't eating much again. I know its because her back is going to shed soon but she has been a light eater for a few days now. Do your beardies do this? Is this normal?

vampy

Juvie Member
Some do, some don't. My bf's male is really grumpy and goes off his food and looks generally sorry for himself when he is shedding, his female acts totally normal with just a day of grumpiness when her face is shedding and it's itchy.

Give her baths to help her shed, and don't worry too much as long as she is eating something, even if it isn't her normal amount, I'd only worry if she finished shedding and still didn't want to eat much.

My babies seem to be fine when shedding body/legs/tail, but get grumpy and eat less when their heads are shedding.

Spencer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
vampy":1sa7ufhi said:
Some do, some don't. My bf's male is really grumpy and goes off his food and looks generally sorry for himself when he is shedding, his female acts totally normal with just a day of grumpiness when her face is shedding and it's itchy.

Give her baths to help her shed, and don't worry too much as long as she is eating something, even if it isn't her normal amount, I'd only worry if she finished shedding and still didn't want to eat much.

My babies seem to be fine when shedding body/legs/tail, but get grumpy and eat less when their heads are shedding.

Yeah she is still eating some but its not nearly her normal amount. shes a very grumpy shedder. her entire back and her legs are dull so i bet shes very uncomfortable :)

Spencer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This was her this morning!
2012-10-04_08-58-16_964_zps6b2f84ed.jpg

She was sooo pissed! She was freaking out and rubbing her butt on the log and trying to rub her back and ended up flipping over and freaking out because she flipped over hahahahahahahahahah!
Then I got back from class and there was a huge piece of shedded skin and now she has leg warmers left.
2012-10-04_10-15-50_331_zps3374e912.jpg

2012-10-04_10-15-55_316_zps3ec62278.jpg

She ate a huge meal which I was happy of. and now shes basking with her legwarmers.
2012-10-04_10-16-29_319_zpsa2708bf7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom