How long can they go before tthey have to eat greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdcrazy25

Sorry question is sort of misleading, but i have a 6 week old beardie that will not eat greens and th best sounding trick of throwing phoenix worms in the salad sounds flawless but i can't find phoenix worms and missed last show due to it being on easter. "She" is tearing up crickets but not eating greens how long can she go without greens? breeder said he had them started but not believing it.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Some babies do not eat greens right away.You can try fruit and make sure you dust crickets w/ calcium/vitamin.Just keep offering greens dailey...i kno its a pain to keep buying them if he/she will not eat them..maybe try buying some that you can eat to.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
feed greens to your crickets a day before you feed them to your dragon.
The crickets will be gut loaded with greens and it will help develop the taste for greens.
Keep offering small amounts of greens everyday till you see them start to disappear.

hdcrazy25

Original Poster
Thankyou for the help. Luckily greens are only 99 cents a bunch here in Indiana and they are all readily available. I'm also a stay at home Dad that has to take care of several other relatively hard to take care of animals. Chondros are my true pride and joy. I will just keep trying thanks for gutloading the greens tip. I try to gut load to the best of my ability with fruits and potatoes, but i will now add greens. Is the stuff the cricket breeder sold me as a grain based cricket feed considered gut load? I dust with calcium but have yet to decide on what vitamin supplement to buy. What is everybody else using or better yet what is the best vitamin supplement? Thanks again for the help.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom