how long can mealworms stay refrigerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatoulah

Hey guys,

I would like to know how long can I keep the mealworms refrigerated, before they become bad for eating? I've been keeping them in 4C/39.2F fridge since december, because my beardie brumates :)

Thanks in advance,
Mihail

They will last at least 5-6 months....maybe longer....I just fed mine off in that time. You need to feed them every couple weeks. Take them out and let them warm up for about a day then feed them and return them back to the fridge. My fridge is set at about 43-45 so not sure on the recommended temp settings for the worms. Make sure whatever you store them in has vent holes and some substrate...bran or oats is most common. I'm now experimenting with a wine cooler set at 52 to see how long they can last in that temp. They seem to slow down but not go fully dormant at this temp so far. BTW mealworms are not recommended for dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom