theclub83

Hatchling Member
pics
1259442262407.jpg

bricks should be ok to use right?
1259442301351.jpg

trying to maxamize horizontal space
1259442328870.jpg

the top of the bricks (basking spot) is precisly 8" from the UVB light. if a baby BD has a had time climbing the steps, it shouldnt be hard to find a go between to increase the number of steps. also i was thinking of covering the edges of the steps with strips of the non-adheisive liner, making it easy to climb (could be good exercise right?). the basking spot is at 113.4 and holding.
Question: is ok to put a low watt (non-flood) light on the other side of the tank to bring it into the 80's? are too many lights bad?
its about 72f atm
Question: any advise on what to fill the brick hide with? cloth? more non-adheisive liner? dosent really matter?
thanks again for all the help!

PSA: http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=930&idcategory=89
exellent product, very easy to use, got one at home depot for around 17 dollers. if anyone is looking for something like this.

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
Well, there's not really a problem with too many lights, but you'd want to make sure the temps are OK.

Bricks are fine, but that looks like an awful lot of weight on the one side. I know that water can be heavy, but the weight is spread out over the entire bottom. Just be careful. :D

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
theclub83":58806 said:
why is weight on one side of concern?

It's not so much that it's on one side, it's that there is so much weight on glass in a relatively small area, compared to the entire base of the bottom.

freitas

Hatchling Member
no matter the weight, looks good. Only thing is make sure they are secure is all and that they can climb it.

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok now i see what your saying about the weight. i didnt hear any stress when placing them but ill be carefull. if they give any trouble, bye bye glass bottom. ill get wood or something else. with that being said they are VERY stable, no chance they will fall.
thanks!

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
theclub83":78110 said:
ok now i see what your saying about the weight. i didnt hear any stress when placing them but ill be carefull. if they give any trouble, bye bye glass bottom. ill get wood or something else. with that being said they are VERY stable, no chance they will fall.
thanks!

Good deal.

One other thing I just thought of, does that liner extend under the bricks? If he makes a mess in there, you'll have to remove the liner which would mean you'd have to constantly be removing the bricks in and out of the tank. That might get to be a pain. :?

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was just thinking that it would be hard to clean the liner, so im thinking of cutting the liner into two pieces that kind of over lap a bit. The stuff kind of sticks to it self so it should work. I do love how the bricks can easily be taken out to clean. I'm excited!

freitas

Hatchling Member
i wouldnt put in any liner, for one just something else you need to worry about. Why not leave brick natural so it is a little ruff to help with nails and keeping them trimmed.?

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
all brick would be nice, but I'm probably at my maximum weight with how it it. The nice thing is there isn't really any small spaces for insecs to hide in, it all comes together very snug. Question: I know the space between the uvb light is supposed to be 8 inches, but what about the basking light? Thanks!

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
theclub83":85ad2 said:
all brick would be nice, but I'm probably at my maximum weight with how it it. The nice thing is there isn't really any small spaces for insecs to hide in, it all comes together very snug. Question: I know the space between the uvb light is supposed to be 8 inches, but what about the basking light? Thanks!

The distance for the basking light is high enough where it won't burn the BD (i.e so he can't touch it), and close enough so you hit your desired basking temp.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Just a quick thing, 113 is too high. For a baby beardie it needs to be between 100*-110*. For juvies around 95*-100*, and adults at least 95ish, depends on what they prefer, but at least 95.

rossebby

i'm interested in the same question:

how far does the basking bulb need to be from the BD? just far enough away so it'll get the tempurature but not burn him?

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My uvb light is 8 inches from the basking spot, but my 50 watt flood light is about 14 away. So I was asking because I didn't know if too far away was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom