how humid is too humid for dubia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoscar

Hatchling Member
I just started a colony and my egg flats are flimsy from the humidity. i have a bed of the compressed moss for the substrate a heat pad in the center of the 66 qt bin. Roach chow and water gel 30 mixed (mostly adult females with a few smaller ones and 4 or 5 adult males) for $30 at the last show, anyhow I'm rambling, should I add some more ventilation? thanks in advance for your help.

Grumbles

Take out the moss. You don't need any substrate in your tub at all. If anything, it just makes more of a task when cleaning.
The moss is what's holding your humidity and dubias are not as humidity-sensitive as other roach species. As long as you take that moss out and have at least one reasonable ventilation hole, you should be fine. :)

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
I don't add any extra humidity in the enclosure other then what the apples I use for a water source allow. They are molting perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom