How does your beardie sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypancistrus

Hatchling Member
Stupid questions from a not-yet beardie owner... do they go to bed at a certain time? And then you wrap them? Or do you wrap them before lights out??? I am just wondering about how you get them to stay in the blanket... can't imagine my geckos staying in a blanket, for instance! :lol:

smilieone

he he my beardie is like my kid!!! every night around 7 or 8 pm he gets real lazy and starts looking for a place to sleep scratching and such.. so i take him our wrap him up.. pet him throught the blanket for a bit then set him back in his Viv... he will stay wrapped up all night till morning... then hes like a kid, slowly he gets out of bed.. takes him about a good 15 to 20 min to decide to wake up and come out of the burrito.. just precious !! :blob8:

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I love it..i uncover just her nose & eyes in the mourn.she has a little smile raises her eyes like ahhh good mourning! :)

butterbean, falls asleep wrapped in her flannel blanket resting on my
shoulder in snuggled in my neck, when i feel she is asleep i transfer her
to her nice warm cage on more blankets. its sooooo sweet. :lol:

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Brutus kicks aside the paper towel on the bottom of his tank and crawls underneath, sleeping with his legs stretched out behind him. He hates when I wake him up in the morning to get him moving. If I don't, he'd sleep all day. This morning, I moved the paper towel aside to get him into the light and he gave me this look like, "What do you think you're doing?!" He stuck his head underneath the paper towel again. hehe.

When Harvey was little and we had him on Repi-carpet, he would crawl under where the pieces meet and turn around and stick his head out the end. Like he used it for a blanket. Cutest thing ever, I wish I had gotten a picture of that. He'd be laying on one piece of carpet and have another laying over his body. :lol:

Zorka

My daughter's Bearded dragon Shadow has recently starting sleeping in his water dish (2nd Night in a row). He lays somewhat sideways with his left side partly submerged and his right side on the edge of the rock dish. He seems quite comfortable there but I'm concerned he might get too cold or slide completely in and drown while sleeping. Is this normal behavior and if not should I attempt to prevent this behavior?

Thanks,
Zorka

Zorka

Take the water out of the dish before bed time. Beardies can and will drown in their water dishes. Other then that there is nothing wrong with it.

ronni1221

Juvie Member
I caught my beardie sleeping on the corner wall of the tank last night, as if he was trying to escape and fell asleep in the middle of it. Hehehe. I moved him to a horizontal position and he seemed grateful. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom