How does this stool look? (WARNING: uncensored image of poo)

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1688154418592.jpg

This was my beardie's stool from today, he's been having runny stool and it's only just began to disappear. I'm really hoping this is not another thing to worry about, I have not been in for a fecal exam yet but plan to soon but first I'd like some other experienced owner's input. Red bits in the stool are red pepper, nothing to worry about. As for the urate... I do feed my crickets the Fluker's orange cube cricket diet which might be the cause, should I stop feeding them those and instead feed them the greens my beardie eats? Also, in terms of the pool of liquid it is probably from the MASSIVE salad he ate this morning as well as the hornworm I fed him. Thanks,

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Looks like a well hydrated normal poo.
The greens are healthier for the crickets and then them for your dragon.
When your ready to do the fecal please just collect it and take it in to the vet, don't let them do an enema on your beardie under any circumstances. It can and does end in tragedy. We see it here from time to time, and I have personally had one injured by the vet. ( I didn't know he was eas going to do it, and I wasn't asked beforehand)
Don't refrigerate it and take it in within 24 hours of collecting it.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Looks like a well hydrated normal poo.
The greens are healthier for the crickets and then them for your dragon.
When your ready to do the fecal please just collect it and take it in to the vet, don't let them do an enema on your beardie under any circumstances. It can and does end in tragedy. We see it here from time to time, and I have personally had one injured by the vet. ( I didn't know he was eas going to do it, and I wasn't asked beforehand)
Don't refrigerate it and take it in within 24 hours of collecting it.
This is great information, thanks

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom