How do you play with your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place! ^^;)

So, how does everyone here normally "play" with their beardies? For me, I like to stick my hand in the tank and chase Charmaine around. Normally how I initiate play with her is by giving a quick tap to her hind legs or the base of her tail and she'll dart away. Then I just kind of try to catch her. She'll let me know when she's had enough by looking at my hand and opening her mouth or she'll go over to my hand and crawl on it like "Ok, I'm tired now." and then at that point I stop what I'm doing and she'll go back to basking or resting. Other times when she wants to be let out, I let her run around on the floor in the den. Its pretty spacious and I can watch her carefully. When she's done exploring, she comes back to me and I'll let her rest again. Its really good exercise too. :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used to let my boys out of the tank whenever I was home and just let them wander around the house. I put a portable basking light in the living room for them to return to but they would just explore. Go out to the kitchen, go upstairs, climb around on furniture etc. I often put them up in the window so they could look outside and they got to actually go outside if the weather was warm. They wandered around the yard under supervision and Cooper had a favorite bush that he'd always run into and poke his head out from the top. When they were tired I'd pick them up and hold them for a while.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
I mostly just hold Mufasa and let him climb over me, still trying to find a safe room to let him run around in, or for good enough weather to take him out in. He will also listen to whatever music I put on to, it's really cute. :)

Makayla.

I normally just let Arthur climb around a room. Sometimes I'll take extra vivarium items (logs, hideaways) and create a little area for him to climb around in when I have an open space.

KendraA

Hatchling Member
I like to take Wallace to the park on his leash and let him run in the grass. He leads and I follow--sometimes he trespasses into someone's garden that borders the park and starts eating their plants. He also goes on long walks with me around a lake. He faces forward and watches the world go by; if he gets tired or bashful he turns around and hides against my shoulder.

He loves to run from room to room in our lizard-proofed house. I pile pillows by the windows so he can come and go from the sills (he enjoys watching birds). When he gets tired he goes back to his terrarium to bask, which is on the floor so he can climb in himself.

I find that he really loves to climb, but can't do so very well by himself. When he tries to climb the screen door (or sometimes straight up the wall), I help him by positioning my hands as footholds for him and spotting him as he goes up the screen--allows him to climb as high as he wants, he loves it!

Capc72

I'm a relatively new beardie owner, but here's my two cents. I live in an apartment that's not super conducive to letting Ike run around. I created a "playpen" out of a refrigerator box and some duct tape. I don't have any pictures of it right now, but it allows him a chance to run around without getting caught up in cords and little nooks and crannies. I just got an appliance store to give me the box and its big enough for me to sit in there with him. It's fun. At least it was today for the first time.

By the way it folds up and I can slide it under the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom