How do you keep silk worms alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMHaak

Juvie Member
I bought 200 silk worms from mullberry farms. I received my order last monday, and they all where dead by Friday. I put them in a bigger container (2 1/2 gallon tank), they were always above 75 degrees, and I feed them fresh mullberry leaves. Any suggestions on how to keep them alive would be wonderful, or if someone could suggest a different worm that is easier to keep. I am looking for worms with no hard exoskeleton. My beardie will not eat crickets, and I will not let him eat superworms or mealworms anymore. Thanks.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Silkworms can get bacterial infections really easily, and it spreads like wild fire when one gets it so you have to go and look at them every now and then and remove any with a mold or fungus on them or that look bad because that one can kill all of the rest in a matter of hours.

Pravius

Juvie Member
The above is true, Silks are not very hardy at all. That's why in my personal opinion Phoenix worms are much better.

Plus they have LOADS of calcium, there is no reason to dust them except when you are vitamin dusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom