how do u get ur bd to eat so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
How do you get your bearded dragons to eat so many live feeders? Neither of mine will eat more than 20 live feeders a day no matter what I do. My older one will only eat them if I hand feed them to her. How do I break her of this habit? What should I do to get them to eat better?

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is about 6 to 8 months old. She averages about 25 to 30 mini supers a day.....I feel like she should be eating more than that. She gets a salad of collard greens parsley and squash daily with some type of fruit mixed in....but never eats all of it either. She does poop daily with no problems

Jess

Extreme Poster
Keep in mind that supers are ALOT more filling and have much more fat and protien than crickets... 30 supers a day would be the equivalent to well over 50 crickets. :wink:

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not too question u but I guess I just assumed with them being baby supers they wouldn't be as filling. I guess I was wrong but that makes sense. Is it ok if she doesant eat her live feeders every day. Sometimes she skips a day for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom