how do i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobi

Hi crew :wave: I have a 30in length,18in width, 2oin high wooden viv with sliding glass front I have just bought a 100w powersun mv lamp, it seems i have to mount it outside and above the viv. Does anyone have any ideas as to what material i should use to replace the wooden roof ???

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
you can just cut sections out of the tops and fit a screen into the cut out. I have a wooden top and a fitted screen section. It is one of those kind that have a metal frame with a screen \to cover the whole top of about a 10 gallon viv with the hatch in the center. (if ya know what I'm talking about?) Then the frame fits into the cut out, works pretty good.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hardware cloth, it is a wire it looks like large mesh screen.
You can just cut out an area for your light instead of the entire top as Judah's Human suggested.
Just incase you don't know what hardware cloth is I'm posting a pic of my outdoor enclosure that
is wrapped in hardware cloth. The hardware cloth will allow maximum UVB to get thru. :wink:

100_3648.jpg

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Zak & Weezie boys in there!
Im sorry I know im not explaining very well. I think maybe dangerousdragon got it? :oops: I just have a little section cut out it is about 8"x 18" or something like that, the frame sets into the cut out it is just enough to have two dome lamps setting on it. The rest is covered by the wood to hold the heat in. It was a viv cover for a 10 gallon.... I think? I bought the viv set up thisa way. No matter im sure it is better to buy the hardwire Fresno is talkin about.
drdzmd.jpg

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
We are having the same problem. We have just recently purchased a wooden enclosure and thinking about cutting out the top and replacing it with the wire meshing to make lighting easier when the weather gets warmer. Bought another beardy ^^

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
The design on mine is annoying because I have to slide the top (the wood) back with all of the fixtures setting on top to get into the viv. I open and close it at least 30x per day to tickle Judahs chin and poke him once in a while. :p I am going to make a new viv eventully with sliding front doors I hope!

kobi

Original Poster
:wave: Hi guys. Ive not had alot of luck finding the aluminium sheet :( will steel sheeting be ok do you think?? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekov
Top Bottom