How do i hold my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardLad11

Hatchling Member
I am having trouble holding my dragon(Phoenix) lately when i try to pick him up he runs to the glass a starts scratching it and trying to climb it. Doesn't that mean he wants out? I have tried calming him down but he just runs around. I get him to relax a bit but when i try to pick him up he just runs around. He also won't eat anything. The last thing i fed him was four pieces of lettuce and one superworm.

Please Help! He is driving me crazy!

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
We need more info.

How old is he? How big is he?
How long have you had him?
What are the particulars of his enclosure (size, heat, uv, etc)?

LizardLad11

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is 2 years old. I just got him two days ago. His body is about the size of a pear and his head is kinda small. I have him in a 4ft by 4ft cage. His heat is about 100wat. The temp of the enclouser is about 100 degrees.

XiDiS

Juvie Member
As i said in your many other posts about this same issue...... you have only had him a couple days. Give him some time to get used to you before you go trying to hold him.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
XiDiS":wb1hdog5 said:
As i said in your many other posts about this same issue...... you have only had him a couple days. Give him some time to get used to you before you go trying to hold him.

your right yeah you need to give him a week or 2 to get used to his surroundings and he should calm down enough to pet and hold him

If you want to pick him up you use both hands. First you slide one hand from the front of him under his belly (you may have to try several times if he's not used to you) then you support his back legs and tail with your other hand. If you don't support his tail it's very frightening for him because the tail is unbalanced so he'd probably freak out if you're not supporting him properly. Make sure to support his whole body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom