how do i get roaches living in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

xqtggsl

i live in Canada, and there are laws restricting the owning of exotic roaches, which includes most of the common types that are used as feeders for BDs. is anyone on this forum from Canada also? do you guys have any ideas or tips? how do i get some roaches for feeders? thanks a bunch

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
You don't :) Canadians are lucky to have crickets right now, and there was a big fight for that, if people start illegally importing different insects then we could lose that again :(

xqtggsl

Original Poster
kjinxx2":t5onl9wx said:
You don't :) Canadians are lucky to have crickets right now, and there was a big fight for that, if people start illegally importing different insects then we could lose that again :(
yeah, but buying them from a pet store is expensive, $7+tax for 100 (which lasts about a week), and keeping them in large numbers stinks like crap. while roaches like dubia, or B Lateralis are better nutritionally, and they are a one time investment if you decide to keep a colony going...

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
xqtggsl":1mtr3syt said:
kjinxx2":1mtr3syt said:
yeah, but buying them from a pet store is expensive, $7+tax for 100 (which lasts about a week), and keeping them in large numbers stinks like crap. while roaches like dubia, or B Lateralis are better nutritionally, and they are a one time investment if you decide to keep a colony going...

Oh I know :) I'm just saying that for the sake of bug breeding as a whole I would advise against bringing a colony to Canada.

xqtggsl

Original Poster
[/quote]Oh I know :) I'm just saying that for the sake of bug breeding as a whole I would advise against bringing a colony to Canada.[/quote]

true, however the actual laws restricting tropical roaches is just absurd. naturally they cannot survive in Canada, and outside of the breeding box they are dead. it is impossible for those species to overtake native species and or become a threat to anything, i don't see how those making the rules don't even see that. but somehow german and asian roaches that infest and thrive in our weather is permitted (guess that's because they already have established in canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom