How can you tell when your dragon is hungry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlabOMeat

Hatchling Member
I've had him for a week now, and been feeding him 3 times a day. He'll eat 4-5 crickets per feeding. Sometimes the way he looks at me or somehting in his body language tells me he's still hungry. Are there certain behaviors that they exhibit when they are hungry?

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Well you're supposed to feed them as much as they'll eat in a 15 min span, so just keep feeding him until he doesn't eat anymore :D

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
Mine knows that the crickets bin is right next to her viv, so when she's hungry, she looks intensely in that direction, or even scratch the glass that's on the crickets' side. And when I bring out the bag to powder the crickets, she follows every move I make until I drop the crickets.

At other times, she goes into her veggies bowl and swallows (I would not call that eating) everything in half a minute and stays there looking at us...I assume she means "I want more"!

FATBOYDADRAGON

Hatchling Member
My 3 month old eats about 50 1/2 inch crickets a day and is finally starting to eat his greens on a regular basic without having to be hand fed :blob5:
When he is hungry he just stares at me like where is my dinner.
On 9/11 when he was purchased he was 4 inches long
He is now 11 inches long.
I agree with previous poster just feed all he will eat in 15 minutes.
Mike D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom