How can I convince my parents to let me buy a beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with traildrifterphalanx -

People will buy their beardies, no matter how many people protest. I won't buy their products because (a) they are over priced and (b) I don't want to support them. But knowing that you'll be able to 'save' one is a good thought :D

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
JessPets":2g1re6zg said:
I agree with traildrifterphalanx -

People will buy their beardies, no matter how many people protest. I won't buy their products because (a) they are over priced and (b) I don't want to support them. But knowing that you'll be able to 'save' one is a good thought :D

Yup, just be sure they are visually healthy and get them a vet check-up!
And no doubt, Petsmart is a ripoff, but in a pinch (broken aquarium filter) they are generally cheaper than Petco unless you're talking live feeders, but I prefer purchasing online.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Hmm. I never really looked at it that way. You may have changed my mind on the matter. I've always been told that chain pet store animals are all sick and to not buy them. You've made me want to go get them all :(

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Adriana0918":8140c1dj said:
Hmm. I never really looked at it that way. You may have changed my mind on the matter. I've always been told that chain pet store animals are all sick and to not buy them. You've made me want to go get them all :(

There are definitely a few members on this board that got sick dragons from pet chains and had to be treated, or otherwise died. It's hard to tell when they may have a virus going on, but if caught within I'd guess the first month or so, you can always return :( the dragon, or insist they pay for the medical bills to treat them. There are members that had Petsmart/Petco pay the vet bills for treatment.

From my experience, the dragons I've seen are often healthy, and honestly if there are sick ones in there it's often the breeder's fault, not the store. Just watch the dragons and look for one super happy and healthy. If there's a lethargic and sickly one in with them, I'd first call the attention of this to the store manager, and honestly be reluctant to take any of them, unless getting confirmation from the pet store that they will back their "product" if vet treatment is required.

The way I see it though is those dragons are there, are going to be sold like hotcakes, and will often not get the love and care they deserve, so I'd love to do it.
I'd love to go take all of them home and take care of them all, but I do not have the space, money, or time for 20 dragons :( though the thought is amazing.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Thats the dream haha, as many beardies as I want :D Its always difficult walking in those pet stores. I wish they just didn't sell them at all :(

Lemonizer

Original Poster
Guess what topic is active once again lol

I want to have a huge house and a lot of money, not so that people think I'm cool, but so that I can keep a lot of reptiles XD

And... drumroll please...

I'm allowed to get a beardie! However, our landlord was a nasty butt and said that reptiles pose a threat to society (lol), so as soon as we move into our own house, we're getting a bearded dragon! I'm so excited, I can barely sleep at night haha

Also, I might get a sugar glider since the landlord apparently thought they could include them as rodents, and they are not lol

My mum thinks they're cute, so I guess I'm going to have a zoo pretty soon!
Meanwhile, I'm going to do as much research as possible on both suggies and beardies, and clean out the house fifty times a week (guess who took on toilets) to prove I can handle them both. I know my stuff and hope to welcome a brand new family member pretty soon!

You guys were very helpful, and I'm very thankful! I will continue to hang out here because the people are so nice and helpful.

Lemonizer

Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":77k3fn53 said:
Beware the threat to society
89300-526950928.jpg

Grats on your approval, keep us posted

They will murder all with their cuteness lol

Also, has anybody seen funny beardie videos on YT? Especially the compilation where a beardie was riding a vacuum.

A threat to society indeed.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I am happy for you Lil Lady! I think you will do just fine.

Love those pics lol!

Yes bearded dragons are going to bring humanity to its knees, lol :wink: :wink:

Lemonizer

Original Poster
Gormagon":zefs9mrb said:
I am happy for you Lil Lady! I think you will do just fine.

Love those pics lol!

Yes bearded dragons are going to bring humanity to its knees, lol :wink: :wink:

Thanks!

I think it would be mealworms, though. But people do have different opinions on that matter haha

Jenniferr

I've just come back onto this thread to see that you've convinced your parents to let you get a beardie!!
I am so happy for you, I'm sure you will make many great memories with him/her
Make sure you keep us posted!! You should make an Instagram account when you get your beardie, I have one for Albus and it's a great way of keeping all my favourite photos and seeing everyone else's beardies! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom