How are dubia roaches different from a typical roach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickyspark

Hatchling Member
I guess the title says it all.

How are dubia roaches different from a typical roach? As in a roach you might find in a shed, woodpile, etc.

Mind you I am not feeding, nor attempting to feed my dragon a wild caught insect of any kind. I just wondered if there was really a difference.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
They are in a different genus than American Cockroaches, not sure what that means in bugs exactly though. Dubia are tropical, and they have specific environmental needs. They prefer more heat and humidity than the average home, for example. In most homes they tend to die from exposure or moulting problems if they escape.
The adult males look similar to American Cockroaches, but the nymphs look much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom