how am i keeping 500 crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper31

Hatchling Member
I have a question about cricket keeping. I can order them online by 500, but where am I keeping 500 crickets?? Right now I have a small cricket keeper that I can throw about 70 in. My girls is eating about 25 in the morning right now and another 20 small phoenix worms at night. I just ordered medium size phoenix worms for her instead of small.

500 crickets would last her just over two weeks and would save me a good amount of money, but if storage is a mess then its not worth it. I live in AZ so I would also have heat as a factor, especially a problem with crickets. Should I wait until summer is over for bulk ordering?

Thanks!

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I bulk order 500 and place them in a larger plastic container. The lid has a section cut out with some screen for ventilation. With my first shipment I purchased the cricket food,water gels and odor control for $11.00. It has lasted me quite awhile. The crickets from Premium Cricket have been great! Make sure you clean the container between each new shipment. Good Luck

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, I will try that. I clean out my small keeper between purchases as well. It just seems nasty not too. Thank you so much! and thanks for the tip about the cricket starter stuff as well!

SidCaeser

I did the same thing, and I've been keeping 1000 crickets in it for about 4 weeks. I've only lost around 15 crickets in that time.

casper31

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you happen to use the same company for your crickets? Also, how about superworms? The mediums size ones they have at the store are way too big for my girl. If I order small ones would it be okay for a 5 month old or are they something you get for older dragons?

SidCaeser

I order mine from a member from this forum, tmdragon. He has a posting in the FOR SALE section. Very smooth transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom