housing crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor13

I feed my bearded dragon crickets, because my mom wont allow roaches in the house. I keep a thousand crickets in 10 gallon tank with egg cartons an tp rolls. They keep dying so im thinking their trampling each other. Is this a good way to house them?

reddragon087

Juvie Member
They often die too because they are not regulated at the correct temperatures. They do best at temperatures of
80-90 degrees so keeping them in a glass terrarium is not the best option unless you have a uth or a heat lamp on
them.

reddragon087

Juvie Member
a simple plastic tote will keep a better temperature that can be found anywhere like walmart, target, kmart for
at the most i would say 10.00.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
For 1000 crickets, I wouldn't go smaller than a 60 quart tub, and honestly, I would split them into two or three. That many crickets need lots of hiding spots like egg crates and cardboard tubes. You also need to clean the tub every day or they will begin to die off rapidly. Keep them warm and well fed and they will be fine.

reddragon087

Juvie Member
i took a nail..heated it up and made holes in the top of the lid (had one of those totes that had the folding lid on top..
the stronger lids)...that way the holes werent huge to where they could jump out but they were big enough to get air.

reddragon087":iuvlzb2b said:
They often die too because they are not regulated at the correct temperatures. They do best at temperatures of
80-90 degrees so keeping them in a glass terrarium is not the best option unless you have a uth or a heat lamp on
them.

Is it ok for them to have light 24 hours a day for supplying the heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom