hornworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
I am wondering about something. Does the horn on a hornworm do any damage? I just saw one for the first time today and it was in the wild. I have lived in Minnesota for a very long time and I have never seen anything like this. It was quite an interesting find. Whenever we touched it, it looked like it was trying to stick us with the horn on its butt. But I was able to scoop it up from underneath. I let him go on his marry little way. No idea where it came from though.

Mach10X

Hatchling Member
Please never feed your dragon wild hornworms; they feed on nightshade plants (such as tomato leaves) and are poisonous to your dragon; the ones found online are feed a mulberry food and are quite safe. My dragon goes nuts for them.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Mach10X":1kko92gx said:
Please never feed your dragon wild hornworms; they feed on nightshade plants (such as tomato leaves) and are poisonous to your dragon; the ones found online are feed a mulberry food and are quite safe. My dragon goes nuts for them.

Oh yes I am aware to never feed wild food to a dragon. I did not know these guys may be poisonous to the dragon but did know you never know if they have been sprayed with a pesticide and that is why I never feed wild food to my dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom