Hornworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
If you haven't tried them, then I highly recommend you do....

I ordered cups of small worms and 2 combo egg setups from Greatlakeshornworm.com

The cups with worms come ready to go upon arrival.

It is recommended to keep the cups on their lids and perched at an angle in order to allow the vent holes in the lid of the cup access to air.

I must say, watching the growth rate of the worms is amazing.

Keep them warm and enjoy feeding your animals some hornworms. It is that easy. I remove the lid from the cup and dump the worm feces once a day. No wiping or clean up. Just carefully dump the feces into the trash can or toilet.

The egg combo is a bit more involved but not by much. First you make the food which is nothing more than boiling water, adding powder and mixing. Once complete, you pour the food into the supplied cups and place in the refrigerator and allow to cool. Once hardened, I removed the cups from the frig and allowed the food to come back to room temperature before adding eggs. I literally just poured in some eggs. 4 days later I have little clear/white hornworms throughout each cup. The egg combo setup supplies enough food for each worm to reach adulthood....The small worm cups (25 worms versus the 12 worm large worm cup) only supply enough food for the worms to reach less than half of their adult size.

I kept the egg containing cups lid up until I see that most of the eggs have hatched. The turn over so their feces will fall to the lid and become easily removed....

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Duke's staple used to be hornworms when he was younger. I haven't fed them in a long time but I think I might try again. Great Lakes Hornworm is great, and the service is awesome. Glad you like hornworms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom