Hornworms...where? Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Hi everyone,

I haven't ordered hornworms in quite awhile and I'm wondering where everyone buys online now and where you may recommend???
I'm in Kansas, but realize shipping is going to be pretty expensive regardless to get them to me this time of year.
The suppliers I've used before are:
Greatlakeshornworm
MulberryFarms
Coastal Silkworms

Any favs or others now?

Any input is appreciated....Kaira is still recovering from surgery (she's doing very well :D , all things considered) and she's not wanting any of her normal feeders (crickets and supers) so I want to try to stimulate her appetite for live feeders (she's being hand-fed) and hornworms seem like the good choice.

Thanks,
Abi

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
just got an order from linda in the sale section and I was very pleased, think shipping is flat rate tenner for upto six cups

lindasgonebuggie

Juvie Member
:D Hi Yes! 3 cups of 15+counts for $25.00+ shipping ($10.35) we ship year round and cold packs and heat packs are always free. lindasgonebuggie.com :D

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you both for the replies :)

I had to hurry this time around to get my order in before the normal Wednesday cut-offs, so I did already place an order this time. :oops:

But Linda- I do plan to be needing more, as I truly hope and anticipate the bright color will bring Kaira out of her live-feeder strike. Are you able to send a few sizes? I mean, like stagger those 3 cups? Maybe, with 1 or 2 cups of smaller/smallest available and 1 cup with 1"-2" in size?

The problem I'm going to have, is I only have Kaira, a 5 yr old, still recovering from surgery, and of course, the rate the hornworms grow at (though I do have experience in how to "slow" them down some) so "staggered" sizes when I order more would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Abi

Spike1etta

Hatchling Member
I got one cup of small and within a day there were all different sizes, some just eat and grow more.... seems like there were extras also, after two weeks I'm still feeding my three

lindasgonebuggie

Juvie Member
Hi yes I usually try to send different sizes in each cup, then I usually tell our customers to place each cup in a different temp or room where it may be cooler too like a basement floor or a cool garage floor. That way you can stager they're growth. Also if you've placed an order with us I usually suggest you email me at [email protected] to let me know if you want different sizes. Thanks Linda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom