Hornworm bite in the eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preezy

So i was feeding my beardie a hornworm this morning. This hornworm was pretty big and my beardie went for it. As soon as he chomped on it..the hornworm swung around and i THINK bit him in the eye. He ate him whole but then started freaking out and rubbing his eye on things. I don't know if it was bitten or he got worm juice on it, cuz he had all the brown liquid from the hornworm on it. I went to rinse his eye out a little and he seemed to be able to open his eye again, but he keeps closing it every couple of seconds. Any suggestions? i really don't want to go to the vet for this..but if i have to then so be it. Hes opening it just fine as i speak, but that little freak out he had kind of deterred me from hornworms alltogether..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like he just got some juice in his eye. Give it some time, it'll probably be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom