Horn Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Has anyone fed their juvie beardie horn worms? Scorch is a piggy who will eat just about anything including trying to eat my patio funriture :roll: I just got her first horn worms and the hubby and kids think that they need to be cut in half before feeding them to her. She is about 8 mo old and about 18" now and has been eating suppers just fine. Anyway, is there some kind of rule about how long something can be? The horn worms look really big to me :shock:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I give my 2 adult beardies pretty much whatever size horns they will eat. But if they are very big, I hold on tight with the tongs, so they can only eat about 1/2 of it at a time. It is really disgusting, but it keeps them from choking on a worm.
My beardy Brady is still pretty small, (about 14.5 inches) and is skinny and has a small head, so I dont let him have nearly as big of a horn worm. I only give him the smaller ones, I am scared to let him have more. He will eat anything also.

3bds

Hornworms are the favorite of all my beardies. when the hornworms are large (11-12 gms), the beardies look like they are chewing on a giant long green balloons...then there's lots of gravy which they smack their lips over :mrgreen: nver a problem with size. :mrgreen:

spyromama

My beardie loves horn worms.. hes been eating them since he was a baby ... they never gave him any problems... As the size goes i was told if its no bigger than the width between his eyes its fine

turkeybird

Hatchling Member
We buy our horn worms from Great Lakes Horn Worms. Great web site and fast shipping. We've been buying from them for over a year with no problems.

Turkeybird

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
:lol: Chopping up veggies... chopping up worms... I can see myself chopping up worms.

I agree with others; hornworms are pretty soft and shouldn't be a problem for digestion.

I get mine from mullberry.

turbine

I recently got a new three week old addition to my beardie family. He/she is a little skinny, so I purchased a container of the smallest horn worms I could find. They still looked a bit large for my liking so I cut one into four pieces. The little guy couldn't eat them fast enough. They were about an inch long when I purchased them within a week they were close to five inches long! Luckily my friend has an adult beardie, he actually jumped up to grab the horn worm as I was taking out of the container. I definately suggest using them but I just use them as treats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom