Home finally ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hector22

Hi guys first of all I wanna thank everyone in the forum that contributed to make this easier, I wouldn't be able to give this to my future beardie if it wasn't for you guys, here's how the terrarium looks so far...

92943-8733035028.jpg
92943-3288557436.jpg

Today I'm getting delivered the reptisun and I'll put it on top of the terrarium!

Am I missing anything else?

Any suggestions, comments, advice or anything is welcome!

I really appreciate it!

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Hector!

It looks good although ill make a couple suggestions as i see a small red flag... please, change the hammock...ive seen and heard horror stories about the beardies toes/legs getting caught and some actually lose their limbs. If you can try to get a cloth one can find some on etsy if you rather buy one or you can make one yourself... but its a bit more fun project if you have the time for it.

When you get your reptisun linear bulb make sure your basking spot is close by it so he can benefit from both heat and UVB :D

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Reptilelady":1n90iug6 said:
Hi Hector!

It looks good although ill make a couple suggestions as i see a small red flag... please, change the hammock...ive seen and heard horror stories about the beardies toes/legs getting caught and some actually lose their limbs. If you can try to get a cloth one can find some on etsy if you rather buy one or you can make one yourself... but its a bit more fun project if you have the time for it.

When you get your reptisun linear bulb make sure your basking spot is close by it so he can benefit from both heat and UVB :D

I think that hammock should be ok as it is the same as the bridge I have :) the green mesh ones (like I have) are the problem ones and I will be sewing fabric on it soon :)

Hector22

Original Poster
Thank you for the quick answers! My main concern was the fact that I got too excited about it that I bought so many things and now I don't know if it's too packed with stuff for him/her, it's a 40 gallon tank by the way, I also just bought a laser thermometer, any other suggestions or recommendations to make it look better?

I appreciate all the answers opinions and everything! Thank you

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Hector22":30j2i75y said:
Thank you for the quick answers! My main concern was the fact that I got too excited about it that I bought so many things and now I don't know if it's too packed with stuff for him/her, it's a 40 gallon tank by the way, I also just bought a laser thermometer, any other suggestions or recommendations to make it look better?

I appreciate all the answers opinions and everything! Thank you

?? the silly things we worry about. Yours doesn't look as crowded as mine but he/she seems to like it better now so I leave it. I still have more stuff to put in ??

92774-4472633358.jpg

Hector22

Original Poster
Hey guys!!

Its all done now!

92943-2033887077.jpg

I moved things around a little, got a smaller food dispenser since I plan on getting a smaller dragon and now it looks more spacious! Any comments or suggestions are more than welcome, I appreciate all the help, hopefully this wednesday that its my day off I will finally be able to go get my baby!

H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom