Home Depot won't cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith

I was very disappointed to discover that the Home Depot near me (Sacramento) won't cut ceramic tile. I thought I had read here somewhere that they would. In any event, they of course were more than willing to rent or sell me a saw. :roll:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Lowes cut tile for me on Sunday, but it now costs 25 cents per cut.
Last time I had it cut there, just 3-4 months ago, it was free.

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
I work @ Lowe's in Minnesota. We don't charge for cutting. In fact Lowe's as a company has always advertised FREE cutting service. I'm a bit annoyed that some districts would/could sway from a 60+ year service statement.

Come to Minnesota, I'll cut your tile for free :)

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
MNbeardie":6e577 said:
I work @ Lowe's in Minnesota. We don't charge for cutting. In fact Lowe's as a company has always advertised FREE cutting service. I'm a bit annoyed that some districts would/could sway from a 60+ year service statement.

Come to Minnesota, I'll cut your tile for free :)

I was surprised that they were charging for that. There was a little price tag sticker at the cutting machine that said tiles cut $0.25.
I had to take a little slip of paper to the front ant the rang it up. This was at the store in Reidsville NC. The one that didnt charge me 3-4 months ago was in Mayodan NC. So, you can send a complaint out about the one in Reidsville for me! :wink: :lol:

JSmith

Original Poster
Thanks for the help everyone. I returned my Home Depot tiles today and went to Lowe's. I found the slate I was originally looking for and they cut it free! Leo wasted no time pooping on the new tile in less than 5 minutes after putting him back in his new flat! :roll: I just grabbed the tile and took it out and cleaned it! :D

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Mn, as much as I know my brother and sister in law would love to see me, will you forgive me if I cut my own tile, and we said you did it ? :lol:
Georgia is waaaaaaaaaaay to far away !
Janie.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I have found the customer service at Home Depot, sooooo bad! I couldn't get someone to help me carry out a 60+ pound shelving unit.

Lowes on the other hand... LOVE THEM... they cut tile for me almost weekly as long as I know the measurements. I have had them wire lights for me, etc etc... alll for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom