HOLY COW! He Listened!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past hour, Pookie had been pacing back and forth in his viv like a mad man with a black beard. I picked him up twice, and both times he 'flew' (took a flying leap out of my hands) back into his tank. Finally, having just about enough of his pacing and noises, I picked him up and held on to him. Thankfully he calmed down within seconds and didn't move.

Well, after putting him down on the living room floor, he began pacing the room, almost as if he didn't know what to do with himself. From his ladder to underneath the coffee table that his viv sits on - to Zim's bed - to underneath the living room window - back to Zim's bed (while looking up at the window) - to the window - back to Zim's bed - back to the window - back to Zim's bed. By now my nerves were on edge and I started raising my voice (oh, I have another tale to tell about yelling at my babies - look for it in Off Topics later this afternoon). I kept telling him to come over to the couch, that I wanted to show him how to climb up the shelf grate that Buddy uses to get on the couch. Back to looking up at the window, while ever so slowly glancing at me from the corner of his eye. Again, I told Pookie to come here so I could show him how to get up on the couch. FINALLY, he waddled over, but only half way. He moved a little closer to the edge of the couch, looking up, and got into the jump stance.

"No no no! You can't go up that way! You have to climb up the grate like Buddy does."
Pookie turns to look at me, then back at the couch. Suddenly, he ran over to me, gave me a look, and turned to investigate the grate.
"Go ahead, climb up. You can do it."

To my surprise, HE DID! With no hesitations!

Hmmm, what stupid pet trick could I teach them next? :mrgreen:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Holy moley I would be a bit freaked out but excited at the same time. I would probably pick up naughtica (my beardie) and say "you udnerstand me?!" and then do a big dance across the room as I held her hahah.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
LOL that's hillarious! Smart guys, beardies are. I bet it would be possible to teach them tricks with a cup of horn worms and a commanding voice. :lol:

I have taught Budo not to poo on me, lol. Whenever he'd lift his tail to poo, I'd move him to the floor. (Still not the best but better than on me!) After not much time at all he would jump off of my lap to the floor when he needed to poo! I would litter-train him to poo in one spot while he's on free roam (wouldn't be hard, I suspect), but he's decided he only wants to poo in the bath. :? Works for me.

Has anybody else taught their beardie a trick/behavior?

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
Miss Sydney lets me know when she is finished with her bath and wants to come out. When she does, I lower the towel over the side of the tub. She then calmly walks over to the towel, climbs up and out of the bath tub. Then, she goes exploring. Silly Beardie! Doesn't she know she is supposed to go exploring BEFORE the bath, not after? LOL :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom