HOLE IN MY BEARDIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshuaadolf

Original Poster
PonchoandDaddy":3cxo2ae1 said:
As everyone else said betadine and neosporin work great! NO peroxide.

Water down your betadine to look like weak tea. The off brand works just as good too just an fyi. Then apply a very thin layer of some triple antibiotic. Does she seem to notice its there? If she doesn't seem to act like it hurts I'm going to recomment gently pressing right around it with extremely clean hands to make sure there's no infection around it that will come oozing out.

I've never seen this before but by the looks of it, I'm wondering if maybe there was a bump/cyst there that burst leaving a hole. The cyst/bump could have been caused by a cricket bite.

How is she acting? Black beard?

If it doesnt seem to heal I recommend sending Tracie a pm. She's awesome and may have another suggestion.

she doesnt show a black beard, only kicking his foot, like its hurt when i covered the hole with betadine..

BeardieMommy3991":3cxo2ae1 said:
As a tip- If you suspect any crix might be hiding in his tank, put some dry cereal or cricket chow in a small corner, so they eat that instead of bothering your dragon.

I got a second opinion that said to put neosporin on it until it held up.

Keep us informed!
yes,, i'll change the meal to worm maybe..
and i also watch her eating, and not let anything left again..
so there is only her in the viv..

MagicDragonFly":3cxo2ae1 said:
Ouch! Poor beardie! :( I hope she feels better soon :)

Thanks.. :)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Use diluted betadine to wash the area, make the betadine look like weak tea and soak her in it, do not let her drink it. Do not use neosporin on it <my well recommended vet told me that neosporin is a oil based antibiotic that will not allow air to penetrate the scales and thick skin and can slow healing> but to use a water soluable triple antibiotic without pain medicine in it..you can get triple antibiotics otc at any walmart or drugstore fairly inexpensively. Soak her 2 times a day and apply the antibiotic 2 times a day after a 20 min soak in the betadine solution. I would also seek the help of reptile vet since that hole looks to be fairly deep and not just superficial. Hope this helps.

yoshuaadolf

Original Poster
url]

The wound closing...
The hole dissapearing..
Now i can take a breath for a sec.. ^^

Thanks for all who helps me..

discojan

Juvie Member
Unpasteurized honey can also work as a good antibiotic, and it is not dangerous if the beardie ingests it. It sounds like you've got things under control, but it's a good solution if there is ever any skin damage close to the mouth, b/c if they lick at it it can't hurt them.

Hope your little one heals fully and quickly!, j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom