Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid101

So, I've had my little girl for quite a while now (several months) and she is growing. I am really happy that she has adjusted to her new home well, she's eating, drinking, and basking nicely and it all seems well. Despite all of this, she runs from my hand whenever it gets near her like it would be a threat. I just don't know what to do at this point. After countless attempts to let her come close to my hand, I've run out of ideas to get her used to me and to not be scared of me. Here and there she will let me pet my head, but has that very cautious look to her when letting me do so. If you guys and gals could help me out, that would be awesome!
Thanks!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Have you tried putting in a piece of your clothing so she can get your smell. And then after a day or so put your hand in and let her come to you. Bonding can take some time.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Some beardies won't come to you. Max isn't scared of me, but just waits for me to pick him up. He loves being held, but isn't one to come to my hand. After all this time, I would try to just slide your hand under her, and put your other behind her so she feels secure. She might stress a little, but after a little bit realizing you won't hurt her, she will calm down. Make sure you sit on the ground though, in case she tries to jump.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
About 15 minutes after lights out, your beardie will be pretty much half asleep and you can do anything to them at that point. Take them out and have her sleep in your hand if she fits. Darwin did this until he was about 8" or so and then I let him sleep on my shoulder. When he got too big for that, I let him sleep on my leg. He's incredibly tame now and it takes a cat batting him on the head to rile him up these days.

It's incredibly easy to forget they're on you though, especially when they don't move. I've even turned Darwin competely upsidedown when I scratched my nose with the hand he was in. I freaked out thinking he was going to be traumatized but the little bugger didn't even wake up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom