Hmmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3-4 month old is missing out I think! We know he gets a good cricket feed in the morning cos we watch, but weve noticed the little suckers are hiding in his furniture :angry5: He has a little pause after breakfast and basks for a while and the ones that are left go hide. When we get in from work we get his meal ready,clean any poo, and when we move his furniture they jump out! Poor Gizmo goes bananas like he's starving like I wish I'd known you were there at lunchtime!! I suppose his habitat is a cool home for crickets too...

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
You should not leave crickets in there with your beardie, as they can and will eat your beardie.
You could try removing their back legs and putting them in a 3-4 inch tupperware container that he can climb in and out of if want to leave her stuff. They could still climb out on her, though.
Dubias are better for this.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, they will eat off of him. Crickets are notorious omnivores and will bite and nip at your beardie if you leave them in the tank for too long, especially overnight. This can cause great stress in dragons.
You don't want to keep most feeders in the tank for this reason. Some you can, but I would leave insects in there at most 15 minutes unless you are supervising it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom