High Tech Roach Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Made some improvements so figured I would share the improved version. This could easily be used for an incubator also. The fan wires haven't been routed yet because I just added a bigger fan yesterday. Need to drill a hole and wire it properly. Don't build something like this without carefully figuring it out. Plastic and heat dont do well together. Mine is setup totally safe....
[ximg]85426 6338556497[/ximg][
[ximg]85426 1479221704[/ximg]

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Cooper, its pretty awkward to move because it is pretty big and the wires from the thermostat/humidistat and the heat emmiter make it a bit more cumbersome. But still not very hard and it will come with me when I start vending at the expos again. Should have plenty of orange heads to sell off.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I built a portable power source for the boat using a rolling cooler. Boat battery in the bottom connected to a pure sine inverter. Cut the side of the cooler so two outlets and a USB port are available and I can just roll it around easily. Something like that (scaled way down) would give you a portable power source for your setup. Maybe a UPS battery cartridge connected to a small inverter to give you USB power on the go.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Dang, Cooper your creative also!!
Thanks for the offer for supplies to make it even more high tech. I don't think I'll need it, even if I take it to expos they supply power. But even if they didn't have power the bugs would probably be fine. But thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom