High-pitched noise from adjustable fixture :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

iradog85

I'm currently using a 150w basking bulb in an adjustable fixture. Unless the intensity is set very high, the fixture gives off a high-pitched whine. I'm worried that it may be harmful to my beardie, whether just to her ears or maybe it just plain stresses her out. I have a basking bulb/Reptisun 10.0 fluorescent setup, so I'm not looking to change to a MVB.

I was thinking of sticking a regular 100w house bulb in the adjustable fixture. That way I wouldn't have to set the fixture to such a low setting, thereby causing less of a high-pitched whine. But I don't want to make any adjustments that may cause further stress. I'm currently in Southern California near Los Angeles so it's quite a warm Summer so far, which is why I can't have the light set very high.

Any thoughts, suggestions? I greatly value your opinions!

h2simms

Juvie Member
Try a different bulb, and you may have a defective fixture also is it sitting on the screen( the bulb)? Also the bulb should be on a screen lid because if the bulb shatters it could harm your beardie.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
I would be worried about having a fire start in your house more than anything o_O

I would def buy a new fixture. No fixture should be making any kind of noise.

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
iradog85":2mnpw778 said:
I'm currently using a 150w basking bulb in an adjustable fixture. Unless the intensity is set very high, the fixture gives off a high-pitched whine. I'm worried that it may be harmful to my beardie, whether just to her ears or maybe it just plain stresses her out. I have a basking bulb/Reptisun 10.0 fluorescent setup, so I'm not looking to change to a MVB.

I was thinking of sticking a regular 100w house bulb in the adjustable fixture. That way I wouldn't have to set the fixture to such a low setting, thereby causing less of a high-pitched whine. But I don't want to make any adjustments that may cause further stress. I'm currently in Southern California near Los Angeles so it's quite a warm Summer so far, which is why I can't have the light set very high.

Any thoughts, suggestions? I greatly value your opinions!

Specifically what type of bulb are you using? Some bulbs are not meant to be "dimmed"... if they are, it may be the bulb that's giving off the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom