High Blood Sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
2013-10-20160309.jpg

Hutch about 3 to 4 weeks before passing. This was her last chance to bask outside in the sun. Her moms name was "Sunny" because she was sunny yellow. Hutch had her mothers yellow colors, small bright eyes and back markings.

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
2013-10-20160609.jpg

Hutch 3-4 weeks before passing catching the setting sun. This was the last time she played outside. She is now with her parents and brothers and sisters, the youngest of her clutch of six hatchlings: Gator, Fuzzy, Lucky, Toboggan, Peekaboo and Hutch. Their parents were Twister and Sunny.

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes I do miss them. Losing Hutchie, the last of her clan brought back the memories of all of the others with it. When the others died, I always had Hutch there to pet snuggle and kiss for comfort. I had her the longest and we formed a very strong bond as I cared for her during her illness. She has a beautiful spirit that will live on inside my heart forever impacting my spirit in unity. She will always be a part of me. They all will, and are. My children.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Stephanie, I am so sorry you have lost Hutch. I've been away from quite some time now, after losing Dino. I came back tonight to copy and paste her story, to share it on a Face Book page. Anyway, your thread was at the top of my list so I thought I would come have a look. I am so sorry you have lost the last member of your Dragon Bus family. :cry: I know there is a big whole in your heart that can never be filled. Those pictures of Hutch looking into the sun are so beautiful. :love5: I hope that Hutch's memory will soon bring a smile to your face, instead of tears to your eyes, and the ache in your heart will lessen. Beardie footprints forever on your heart... Rest easy Fuzzy, Peekaboo and Hutch. They have all earned their dragon wings... Peace, love and hugs to you.

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Sue. You really had amazing results with Dino with your intensive dragon care. I think we both deserve a clap on the back for putting out maximum effort, and a rest. I am still recooperating, even though it has been two months today since Hutch passed. I at times wished I could somehow bring her back to me, but I know she is no longer suffering and is free to roam the cosmos, who would ever want to come back to the physical world with its pain and suffering from such adventures. Yes, our dragons have certainly earned their wings, and Im sure they will be among the welcoming comittee when it is some day our turn to join them in the beyond.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Absolutely Stephanie. Our little friends are in a far, better place now. As much as we miss them, they are where they need to be: at peace. :love5: Take care of yourself! Hugs!

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I looked at some pics I took of Hutch's mouth an hour after she died. Her upper teeth were dark brown and her lower teeth were light brown. The back of her mouth was filled with thick clear mucus. I emailed both vets. One said it was mouth rot. We all missed it. The lower teeth looked stained by cofee and I assumed it was just from age. I think she probably had an upper repespratory infection as well. I am begining to think of adopting another dragon in a few months, but my heart still hurts and I am not quite ready yet. I am trying to learn from all of this. I read some posts about prolonged antibiotic use really messing up the gut and how important probiotics are to balance the natural bacteria. I guess hindsight is 20/20 and learning is accomplished by mistakes. It is easier now to read many of the posts without fear clouding my judgement. Now I just relax, learn and take notes. I am so thankful for this site and all those who helped me along the way.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Stephanie,

I hope you are doing a little better now. Try not to be so hard on yourself, though I know it is hard as you are missing her so badly.
I am glad you have learned so much here on the forum, that is what it is here for.

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
I look back and wonder too, Stephanie. I second guess all the decisions I made for Dino. Her pictures were shared on Everything.reptile.org, with permission of course, for the Yellow Fungus article and it just broke my heart to see all the suffering she went through. This is how we learn though... by experiencing something and looking back on those experiences. As you said, hind sight is a beautiful thing. Live and learn... We have learned way too much from our sweet, little babies! Hugs! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom