Hiding in heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwyn

Mort has become a bit lazy and will escape to her cave a lot during the day. She used to only do that when she was constipated (all fixed! I knew that was the problem) but I obviously don't think it's good for her to hide from the light all day.

Yesterday I took her out and put her on my shoulder while I worked. Once out she tried to hide under my jacket but when I moved her back to my shoulder she actually perked up then explored the room a bit.

So today I moved her cave when she tried to go in after basking for about 30min. She actually perked up when I put her on top of it, jumped down and licked a bit then ate loads of salad. Ran to the other side where the cave was... and sort of pondered. So now she's lying in another usual spot by her cuddly toy. (Fluffy) She did try briefly to dig her head under Fluffy. So she obviously wants to be on the warm basking side, but not in the light? She ate bugs about 45 min ago so I know she still needs to bask. I'll happily move the cave back in a hour or so.

Is there any harm in moving stuff around? Just stress-wise for her?

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
If she's in the warm, I wouldn't worry about moving stuff - she might be trying to have a nap.
What's your lighting set up? What UV etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom