hide placement?

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
should i put hides on the warm side or the cool side? i have one on the warm side top of a heating pad and one on the cool side (i think that one is too small for him) and he doesn't really go in either of them so I'm wondering if i should put the big one on the cool side and he would use it more. maybe it's fine that he's not using them but I'm not sure

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
should i put hides on the warm side or the cool side? i have one on the warm side top of a heating pad and one on the cool side (i think that one is too small for him) and he doesn't really go in either of them so I'm wondering if i should put the big one on the cool side and he would use it more. maybe it's fine that he's not using them but I'm not sure
First I would get rid of the heating pad -- they can cause burns dragons heat from their backs not stomachs -- I have two hides in my tanks - both rocks that sit under the UVB in the middle of the tank - the other is a platform / hide that sits on the cool side --- dragons use both of them - if one is too small I would take it out unless hes using it as a basking decor piece

aspenlol682

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Milo
First I would get rid of the heating pad -- they can cause burns dragons heat from their backs not stomachs -- I have two hides in my tanks - both rocks that sit under the UVB in the middle of the tank - the other is a platform / hide that sits on the cool side --- dragons use both of them - if one is too small I would take it out unless hes using it as a basking decor piece
thank you for telling me about the heating pad! i got the tank from a leopard gecko owner and it already had a heating pad stuck to the bottom of it and i knew beardies needed warmth so i just kept it but i will unplug it. and yea the smaller one is on the cool side but he likes to sit on top of it and he also enjoys pooping off of it so I'll probably put the larger one on the cool side and put the one he likes to sit on back under the hammock so he can have a lower basking spot. thanks!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom