hiccups or a serious issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafoo

just a second ago i was feeding my beardie and he started making a weird noise that sounded somewhat like hissing so i stopped feeding him for a bit and he started to bask. now he keeps randomly opening his mouth and jerking back and making a weird hiccup like noise with a bit of puffing out his beard. he isnt stopping and i dont know if this is really bad or what but im pretty worried. if anyone can give me some quick help as to what to do itd be great!

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
HI,
Can you tell us How old/big is he?
What were you feeding him?
Could it have been inhaled rather than swollowed?
Do you hear any sounds...popping or crackling?
Can you see anything in his throat?
Is he showing signs of distress?....black bearding and/or generalized darkening?
Amanda

mafoo

Original Poster
i got him in december and he was 9" and now he is 17". i was feeding him crickets which he normaly does fine on. it could actualy be possible he enhaled it as he didnt really chew like he normaly does. there hasnt been any popping or crackling going on just the hiccuping noise.he looked pretty happy when it was happening and now hes in his grumpy morning mood like usual. right now im just thinking he was eating to fast or inhaled a cricket instead of swallowing it but i dont know about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom