Hibernation?? How do I deal with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tgu

Ok, this will make my 2nd (3rd kinda) post about my Teto's "Hibernation" She turned 1 in Nov so I've never dealt with Hibernation. I don't know how to diagnose it or what to do if it comes. Shes been hiding out in her hide for more than normal these past few months, sleeping for a while and/or just staying in there awake.When I looked things up I got stuff of " try not to disturb her. Only feed her a small amount" But then I saw someone on here saying that their baby just woken up (which I took as, the owner never bothered her beardie) so do I just not bother her?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would check in once in a while. Offer some water. Measure her weight to make sure that is remaining stable. Otherwise I'd let her be. They seem to be able to just kind of shut their systems down for a while and are OK but keep track of her weight. She shouldn't lose too much during this time.

Tgu

Original Poster
CooperDragon":h2yj1m14 said:
I would check in once in a while. Offer some water. Measure her weight to make sure that is remaining stable. Otherwise I'd let her be. They seem to be able to just kind of shut their systems down for a while and are OK but keep track of her weight. She shouldn't lose too much during this time.

So don't worry about food unless she seems angry at me. Or something along the lines. My biggest fear/problem is the food situation (thank you though!!!)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When my dragon was brumating I offered a little salad sometimes but he didn't show much interest. He ate a little but nowhere near normal levels. Since their metabolism is slowed so much they don't require much fuel. Best just to offer hydration and check her weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom