Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinB

Hi! I'm new here. I recently got an approximately one year old (plus or minus a few months) male bearded dragon. We named his Zeke. I got him from a woman who couldn't keep him any longer. I've had several pets throughout my life, but this is my first reptile. I'm learning alot about bearded dragons. He's such a great little guy. I'm glad I decided to give him a home. He's a very docile dragon, loves to be held and handled. I'm not sure what color he would be considered. He's kinda a yellow/orange mix. Very cute-whatever he is.

He loves his bath and crickets. He's also very fond of peas, green beans and carrots. He doesn't like Okra, and isn't too fond of mustard greens. He's in a 40 gallon tank. I use newspaper on the bottom and he has a box in the corner with calcium sand. (he uses it as his litterbox.)

Anyway, just wanted to introduce ourselves and say hi. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I learn and experience different aspects of bearded dragon care. Thanks in advance for the help and advice!

Erin

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello Erin & Welcome to Bd.org! :D
And..........
Congratulations on the New Beardie!
Look forward to seeing pic's of Zeke. :wink:

Again Welcome Aboard! :D

ErinB

Original Poster
I'm not sure how to post pictures here, but I'll try. This is my guy Zeke...

Zeke6.jpg

Zeke1.jpg

ErinB

Original Poster
As you can see from the photos, he was too skinny when I got him. I've had him for about a month now and he has put on a little weight. He looks alot better. The lady I got him from also had him on cracked walnut shells as a substrate for his cage. I've read that this could cause an impaction if he accidently swallows any of it, so I also don't use that anymore. Here's a couple more pictures....

Erin

Zeke2.jpg

Zeke3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom