Hi! Researching

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitkasmom

Hi All!

I do not currently have a Beardie but I am interested in possibly getting one. Are there such things as beardie rescues? All of my animals are rescues/re-homes. I do have a TON of questions and I would rather ask them of people that have hands on experience and knowledge than reading an article. You can't ask articles questions.

I hope it's okay to lurk and ask even though I don't have one yet

Hello there! One rescue place that I know of is https://www.facebook.com/ReptileRescuersOfTheUnitedStates.

It's a smart thing to come on here BEFORE you get your beardie because petstores often tell you the complete opposite of what you need! Lol. Ask away and if I can't answer anything (I'm a newer beardie owner, but obsessed with this site) I'm sure other experience owners will pop in.

To be honest? I've never been a reptile fan until I was introduced to the bearded dragon world. They are friendly, adorable, and amazing creatures. They're addictive though! I have three. :blob8:

sitkasmom

Original Poster
HA! I know about the pet store information... I almost got roped into buying my sugar gliders from a mill breeder. Started doing research and everything the "breeder" told me was false. Thankfully my suggies didn't have to suffer. I have 11 now and didn't have to pay for any of them :blob8:

Lessa

I am doing research too, and I was wondering if the beardies get too stressed being moved to travel to and from work with me. I have my own office and would like to have an interactive pet here, but I wouldn't want to harm the beardie with the daily drive.

I don't know much about sugar gliders, but I know they are certainly cute and expensive! It's awesome that you didn't have to pay for them and now they're in a good home!

Lessa- It all depends on the beardie and how long the drive is. I occasionally take my beardie on car rides and she's completely fine. I know others take their beardies to parks and stores and whatnot so I think you'd be fine. Others could probably chime in who have more experience. I would suggest that you get an older beardie though because they're more calm and not as fiesty so the trips probably wouldn't bother them as much as a baby.
:blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom