Hi. New to site and need help with Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincoln22

Hi I'm Dana and my 6 year old Dragon is Lincoln. She had an accident on Sunday and fell from the top of our couch. Lincoln always hangs out there but this time she decided to leap off. Shortly after her arm started to swell and turn blue. She was also not using her other arm very well. Unfortunately there is not a vet in our area that I found that will take her so on Monday my friend, Lincoln and I drover 156 miles to have her seen by a vet. They took x-rays, which were so cute...her little tiny bones! Thankfully she didn't break anything but might have nerve damage. We were given pain meds which would also help with the swelling and sent on our way. On Tuesday I found Lincoln lying on her side. She had tried to get around her tree stump, which is normally not a concern, but since she doesn't have use of her left arm she was unable to manuver around it. I have removed everything form her tank except for her food and water dishes which are new ones that are smaller so she has no problems. It has been three days and she still hasn't eaten anything. I have tried some baby food which we had to do a couple years ago when she was sick but this time she won't even open her mouth. The doctor opened her mouth by pulling on her skin under her mouth so she could see the color of her tounge but this looked painful for Lincoln. Does anyone have any food ideas for my girl that she might find hard to refuse? Also will she eat eventually or could she just be giving up or in too much pain?

Thanks,
Dana

By chance does anyone live around Scranton, Pa and know of a good vet?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Dana,

Oh sorry to hear about Lincoln, that is too bad.
Do you know which pain med he is being given? You can also try to get some Serrapeptase, which is a naturally found enzyme in silkworms. The supplement comes in dried powder form that you can buy. It helps to reduce swelling of inflammed tissue, as well as soft tissue damage, too.
You can order it from: http://www.serrapeptase.org

As far as getting some foods into her, have you tried just dripping food onto the end of her nose, to see if she will eat it or lick it off of her nose? Or, you could make some paste (out of the foods you are giving) & see if she will lick that off of your finger.
You can also try to get a swab & tickle the side of her mouth, gently, to try & get her to open her mouth just enough to where you can get a little bit of food on the inside of her gum so she can taste what it is. That might entice her to try it.

They can be stubborn, can't they?

Great you have fixed up her tank to where she doesn't have to climb on things. Did you readjust her basking & UVB light to be appropriate distances for her since she doesn't have a basking platform right now?
I hope that she gets better. You can try some water therapy on her, to try & get her to swim, later on. Wait until she begins healing first, & is not in pain or has any swelling. Then you can begin therapy to try & increase her strength.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom