Hi just got a new adult beardie and have a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie1434

Juvie Member
I prefer the retisun 10.0 from what I have been told it is better. As far as your protien source dubias are the best balanced bug.

momtothreeboys

Original Poster
Thank you to everyone who has helped me out! I really appreciate all of the great advice. I'm not sure what to do about the temperature in his tank. The 150 watt bulb makes the tank around 111 degrees while the 100 watt bulb is keeping the tank around 95 degrees. I am not sure which bulb I should use. At night I put on the 50 watt bulb to keep the tank around 75 degrees. Thanks for any advice!

cvisions

Hatchling Member
Are you using regular household flood lights for his basking light or something else? You could try using the 150watt on a dimmer switch that way you can adjust it until you get the temps you want. Something like this: http://bit.ly/Zt1S8

Cvisions idea is a good one. Another thing you can try is raising the light off the tank some. This should reduce the heat going into the tank some.
And goin back to you having a concern about your beardie not eating as much as he should be, this is common for beardies that you have just bought because they are in stress to moving around. Just give your beardie another couple days and then your beardie should pig out on food. Good Luck

momtothreeboys

Original Poster
Thanks again to all who answered. I like the dimmer switch. Great idea. And everyone was right about giving him a few days to eat. He ate three crickets this morning all by himself. I didn't have to hand feed him. He also ate all of his salad. His color is looking much better. I just need to get the temperature thing under control.

You said you have a bulb on at night?
If it's a Ceramic Heat Emitter then it should be fine. But don't give him any light at all at night.

DistDrag

Juvie Member
Sounds like you have gotten a lot of good advice just keep working with the set up till you get it right. I was curious if at the pet store he was in an enclosure where he was picked up from above such as a tank or one with a side opening? Some dragons just don't like being picked up from above.

If you need night time heat in the tank I'd recomment a heat emitter but not the ceramic type unless you like getting burned. Cause no matter how careful you are it will happen. I have several of the Mega-Ray heat projectors and they work great. Connect them to an inexpensive temperature control and your set.

I see they are unavailable on their web site but I've found them othe places too.
http://www.reptileuv.com/megaray-hp-60-watt-heat-projector.php

T-Rex has the same thing
http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=621

ZooMed has an inexpensive Thermostat that works just fine for this kind of application.
http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom