Hi! I'm Errol, and this thread is all about my adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!!!

So, I'm Errol, and I'm the most recent addition to Emma's family (aswell as the most handsome)!
Just check out this picture below - I love to pose for the camera:

EC132647.jpg

Anyway, hopefully she won't mind me borrowing her laptop so I can keep you all updated on my story!

As far as I know, Emma had a beardy before she got me, but she got poorly and passed away :cry: After a few days, she came into the pet shop where I was, and after seeing what a lovely handsome boy I was, she told me she asked you guys what you thought to her getting another dragon. When you all said to go for it, she came back again to visit me and tell the pet shop man that she was going to take me home! She took me out of my viv at the shop to say, 'Hi!' and check me over to see if I was ok! A couple of days later, she picked me up and took me back to my new home.

That was back on the 5th July this year.

When Emma got me home, she said she'd thought I looked very small and skinny for my age, so she started to feed me up! :D I got to eat lots of yummy crickets and wax worms, as well as spring greens, watercress and loads of othe stuff! I have a very big appetite, but when I was at the pet shop, my brothers and sisters bullied me a bit, so I didn't eat much then :(

Compressed-1.jpg

But I wasn't keen on these remarks of being 'scrawny'!!!! Like I said, I'm a very handsome dragon! So I decided to show Emma this, and but on a super 'sexy leg' display the next day for her, just to show what a catch I am! Just check out those sexy legs!!!

EC062023-1.jpg

;
But all that showing off was very tiring for me that day, and I fell asleep on my branch:

EC082036.jpg

Still looking good though, even if I do say so myself!!! In fact, I quite like sleeping up there now, and it's still comfy even though I'm a lot bigger now.

Now, what else have I been up to these last two months I've spent with Emma? Well, I'm a little bit mischevious - a loveable rogue if you like - and I get up to allsorts! I jumped into a tub of crickets when Emma was trying to feed me one morning, and they all went EVERWHERE!! I had loads of fun chasing them, but some got away and she keeps finding them all over the house now and then! :mrgreen: I also learned to use the stairs, because I like to know what's going on everywhere! Emma has a very clean house, so there's nothing I can eat that I shouldn't anywhere when I'm allowed out for my run in my room and on the landing. But when I was on the landing one day, and she went to make a cup of tea, I thought I'd follow her downstairs to see what she was doing. She looked very surprised to see me sat on the bottom step waiting for her to come back! Haha!!

As I mentioned at the start of my post, I'm part of quite a big family from what I know. Next to my viv, there's this container full of dirt, and it's got loads of plants in it. And there's this funny thing that lives in there from time to time (it seems to be when the weather is bad). I think Emma calls it a 'tortoise'. His name is Herbie. Thing is, he's really REALLY slow at everything he does. I want to play with him, but I've been told I'm not allowed to, so I watch him from my viv instead. He looks a bit funny - like a big rock with legs. He's not as handsome as me! This is a picture of him:

EC132614.jpg

The thing is, he's get all these plants in his home, and I just get leaves and stuff put into my viv. I mean, that's not fair, is it? Why should he get such special attention? I wonder if it's beacause he's not as good looking as me? Pffff. Anyway, these plants (I think they're called pansies) are normally grown in a tray on the windowsill near my viv. Once day, only the other week in fact, Emma moved them to water them, and plant some more in Herbie's home, but she forgot that my viv door was slightly open, so I jumped out onto the tray of pansies and had a munch!! I didn't get to eat much though, before I got told off and put back into my viv :x Stupid tortoise food...

Anyway guys, I'd best go! Emma wants her laptop back, and I need to go to sleep!!! I'll be back soon with more tales to tell you of my adventures!!!

- Errol 8)

ErroltheDragon

Hai to yuu all!!!!

So I gotz my own account nauwh. I gotz to admit, Emma woz typin for me before coz I woz still learning (I woz tellin her wot to put), but I'm all gud now, so I can write my own postz!!!

Hope yuu all had a gud Chrizmazz!! Mine woz gud! I got lots of criketz and stuff :D

I'm stayin at Emma'z mum and dad'z at the moment. I lieked my car ride over here, but it woz cold. Woz glad to get back into the warm tank!!! She brought the rock on legz too (Herbie) coz she didn't want to leeve him on hiz own.

I met a big fat thing too this time! She callz him Sprocket. He'z massive! It's all covered in fluffy stuff - not scalez liek me. He looks wierd. Not handsome liek me! :lol:

So I don't know how to put pickturez on this thing, so I'll let Emma do it for you now! I have been posing :D

- Errol 8)

Sardonyx

Original Poster
Hey guys!

Yes, it's true - I have been typing on behalf of Errol, but he insisted that he had his own account for Christmas so he could talk to you all himself, so I made him one. Hope that's ok by the Admin guys!!! :?

So as he promised, here are some photos of him taken this Christmas!

EC263691.jpg

Obviously he's enjoying lazing about in his tank at my parents' house! Sexy legging all the way!! :D

EC103510.jpg

EC103512.jpg

This was taken on Christmas Eve, just as he woke up - with a pile of aspen on his head :lol: He's looking a bit grumpy in the first photo, but by the second, I think he thought he could rival Marilyn Monroe!!!

The next four photos are of my guinea pig, Sprocket (Sprocks for short)! In the photos, he's opening his Christmas present which consisted of some dried dandelion leaves wrapped in some paper (no tape of course) and tied with straw - a fully edible parcel!!! He loved it :lol:

EC253642.jpg

EC253650.jpg

EC253667.jpg

EC253681.jpg

He's my chubby little furry boy, and he's lovely but a terror at the same time - just like Errol :p Sprocks can tell the time, and at 4pm EVERY DAY he starts to chatter his teeth until he get's his greens! He follows my mum around like a little dog (he lives with my parents, because my mum won't let me take him back home with me!), and basically thinks he's the most important person in this household! Obviously, Errol is not impressed :wink:

Hope you enjoyed the latest installment! Will be back with more soon I imagine! :D

- Em :)

coco5

Hatchling Member
coco here.my owner still types for me. i still can t write human yet. :D i met a walking rock once.try to ride it.
coco :shock:

Sardonyx

Original Poster
Eeeek!

It's been ages since we updated! I've got loads of photos too, so me and Errol will be in touch again soon!!

- Em (and the Handsome One) 8)

ErroltheDragon

Hai cool peoplez!!

How iz everyone? I hadz to go to see the vet today, coz I'm a bit off mai foodzz and a bit lazy, so Emmaslave got worried. I haven't been chasing my cricketz, but I eaten them off Emmaslave's hand. But they are black not brown cricketz and I don't liek them. I also don't eat my greenz much, but I DONTZ LIEK THEMZ AT ALL!!!! :angry5:

I liked the vetz tho!!! I got to ride in the car (which isn't very cool, but I made itz cool). He poked somethin in my tail that hurt a bit and got some of my blood, and he gave me some other stuff but I dunno wotz that woz for.

I got some brown cricketz when I got back tho and some stuff for my tummy, but it woz HORRIBEL!!!! Been runnin around a lot tho :mrgreen:

Keep tryin to break into that rock-thingyz house. Looks cool in there, but I can't get in :x

Anywayz, Emmaslave got moar picz for you all to see so I let her put them up!

Stay cool!
Errol 8)

Sardonyx

Original Poster
Yes, hello everyone!!

Been a while since we posted, but I'm in my third year at uni and it's dissertation time, so I'm very pushed for time!!!!

But yes, today I had to take Errol to the vets. He hasn't seemed himself for a bit - not chasing crickets or morioworms etc., and eating very little greens. He's never been good with his greens, which has been quite frustrating, but I keep trying to tempt him by giving him a good variety - I'm sure I'll crack it eventually!!

Anyway, I got concerned when he had a poo the other day, and when he shimmied accross the aspen to clean his bum, I thought I could see some blood on the aspen. Additionally, his top lips have seemed a tiny bit scabby - they've always stuck out more than his bottom lips (I think he wasn't supplimented properly as a hatchling), but have never caused problems. So off to the vet we went!

He had a look and said he was a very healthy boy in general, but when opening his mouth (which I always struggle to do) it looked very yellow - something I haven't seen as I have only really looked in when he's been basking in his tank, and the yellowish light from his heatlamp kinda hid it. So basically, he's worried he might have something wrong with his liver :cry:

He took bloods, so we get results beginning of next week. If it is his liver, he said I've caught it early, as he's still eating, pooping and being active which I promising. I had a read about liver disease and I'm a bit concerned it's fatty liver disease, or the beginnings of, which kinda could make sense as he's never been good at eating his veg/greens, instead always preferring his crickets/morioworms. Also, when he was younger, the pet shop was giving him wax worms to fatten him up (which I continued, but in combination with other bugs etc.) as he was a runt and was very very small and skinny. But, the vet said his fat pads were fairly normal.

So I shall keep you all posted on how he's doing and what his bloods come back saying!

He also had a treatment for pinworms, as his counts were high with him being a bit off it. But it doesn't seem to have upset him at all! He's been running around like his crazy normal self all afternoon, has eaten his crickets and a few greens, so good stuff! I also started him on a probiotic to help his digestive system a little after the Panacur.

In the meantime, here's some photos I've taken since we laast posted!!!

Chilling and being generally handsome and cool in his viv:

EC313714.jpg

EC303713.jpg

A bit of the old Errol Sexy Leg (front and back legs, of course!):

EC303705.jpg

EC303700.jpg

EC163979.jpg

Bathtime!

EC033736.jpg

And, finally, Errol trying to infiltrate Herbie (the tortoise's) home - don't worry, I NEVER let them come into contact with each other!!

EC264026.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this month's installment of pics, and I'll keep you up to date with his vet trip!!!!

- Emma :wink: and Errol 8)

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
ohai everyone ^^ *scuffles* move OVER! *moar scuffles*

psycho here... i STILL cant beleive that the owners didnt know about me! 0_0 and btw errol: i take your cooltips and am now cooler than crash! :D
ohnoez... close your eyes
*scratchscuffles* get OUT of my computer! i cant have- OH NO YOU DI-ENT! *chase*

ErroltheDragon

Hai cool peoplez!!!!

Coco, youz can haz my black crix. I really doen't liek dem :(

And hai Crash! Haha! Gud job stealing the computer from you slavez and bortherz!!! Ahahaha!

So last tiem I spokez, I'z been to the vetz to make sure I'm still handsome. I am, so it'z all cool. 8)

I been spending a lotz of tiem running around Emmaslave'z room recently, and I have a favouite new place to perch which is on top of de walkin rock'z house :mrgreen: She takez me off all de tiem, but I just go climb up agen wen she'z not lookin!!!!! Haha!!!

Sorry there'z not been so many photos. That fat furry thing died a couple of weekz ago, and Emmaslave haz been really sad :cry: She will put spme up soon tho she sayz!!

Anyway, I'm still a bit sleepy. Just woke up. Bath tiem soon tho. I think I'll splash lotz today :mrgreen:

Stay cool peoplez!
Errol 8)

Sardonyx

Original Poster
Hello everyone!!

So, as Errol said, it's been a while since we posted. Basically, Sprocket my last piggie died a couple of weeks ago, so it's been a sad time here :(

Anyway, Errol got the all clear from the vet - his liver is functioning fine as his blood tests came back fine :) He had a dosage of panacur aswell as his worm egg count was fairly high, and since that he's been far more active, which is great! Although he's been tearing around all over the place and even climbed onto my windowsill the other day!!!!!!

However, I'm going to post in the First Aid thread, as I'm still not convinced about his lips. His top lip on each side of his head still look swollen and have a yellowy crust forming over them, which occasionally comes off (like a scab) but then forms again. I mentioned this to the vet (which was why I actually took him last time), and he said that he must have caught himself on something and they had just scabbed, but because he was a bit under the weather with the worms, it might be taking a while to heal. He also said beardies take a while to heal anyway, but if there was any infection it would show with the blood test results, as they sent off for a full range of tests.

I've taken some pics to post though, as it's not going away, and I've done a bit of research and am worried it might be a fungal infection instead. I also found a little bit of yellowy colouring on his belly today, so now I'm really worried. Vet trip is in order, I know, but I can't go until at least Friday so if there is anything I can do in the meantime it would be great to know!!

- Em :)

Kylie

Hi there Errol,

Our name's are Snuggles & Legless. We are 3.5 years old & were rescued by a really nice lady called Kylie. Before she saved us we lived in a very cold enclosure, no heat, no uvb lamp, sand as our substrate & were very rarely fed. We were so miserable. :( But since we've been with Kylie we are fat, warm & happy dragon's. She even gives us baths! We never knew such a wonderful thing could exist. I (Legless) could stay in the bath all day if Kylie let me whereas Snuggles stays for 10 minutes, poops, gets back in after the bath has been cleaned for another minute or so then wants out. Snuggles tricked Kylie when she first got us. He pretended he was all cuddly & affectionate, while I was the adventurous one. Now Kylie knows better. Snuggles doesn't really like to cuddle whereas I could snuggle up with Kylie all day long! Kylie totally babies us - nothing is too good for us boys. Although we don't fight, my brother Snuggles is the alpha-male so he gets all the best food & best basking spots. Well he used to anyway. Now when Kylie feeds us she does it seperately so I get the best food too! She also arranged our basking rocks so we both get equally great basking each day. Sometimes Snuggles used to stop me from getting a good spot but not anymore! I'm actually Kylie's favourite (don't tell Snuggles), cos as a typical Aussie that she is - she always barricks for the underdog. Also she believes in being fair to all - so suffer Snuggles, I'm important too :lol: ! Don't get me wrong, Snuggles & I are best friends & have been since we were babies. We like to cuddle each other all day long.

Unfortunately we are both shedding at the moment. Me around the eyes & Snuggles on his back leg. He crackles when he moves so Kylie is calling him crunchie right now! Ha ha! She's going to give us lots of baths to help move that pesky skin of ours cos right now, we're not so happy.

We share our home with 2 doberman's I think they're called. Giant scaredy animals. They run when they see us & when we sit on their mats, they get off! So funny - us dragon's rule! We also have 2 cats that live here - 1 hasn't even looked at us once (stupid cat) & the other would like to eat us for breakfast. Lucky Kylie never lets it in the house when we get out to play. We are sooooo the number one pets in this house!

Kylie also bought us teddy bears the other day as well as a baby blanket. Although we love our blankie, we're not that impressed by our teddies. Kylie read somewhere that if she sleeps with them so they smell like her, well like them then so that's what's she's been doing. Kylie's boyfriend thinks she's crazy but she doesn't care. She loves us waaaay too much. :p

Anyway Errol, we just wanted to say hi & introduce ourselves. We just made Kylie join your facebook page & hopefully we'll get our own someday soon too. Maybe we should start our own networking site - DragonBook!!! Ha ha!! Hope to see you again soon Errol, we love hearing your stories! :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom