hi im a new poster but not to site

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, I didn't know about the runny stools. Wouldn't hurt to get a fecal checked, if the results aren't real high, the vet shouldn't have to treat it anyway. Getting another done a month or so later for a recheck would work.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A couple were more runny, a couple with undigested crickets but more formed and some were in water. Still havnt seen a normal poop like my old beardies. Pebbles was a little runny the first day or two but have gotten better and better since she's been here and are pretty normal looking now. I'll keep an eye on him like I have been and plan on getting a fecal soon (of both). I just have to decide whether to send it into the website or find a vet that doesn't charge $45 for a fecal.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, so Bam Bam absolutely loves the bene bac, after the first day he would see the little white tube and go crazy for it. His poop seemed more digested and he perked up a little the first day. His stress marks lightened some during the day (they don't go all they way away though) but he still gets dark at times. He is eating crickets but won't touch his greens (collard and I grabbed some mustard), he does eat a couple rep cal pellets though not many. He still doesn't seem quite right so I will get that fecal done asap. I was told (and read on rep cals website) that they don't need a multi vitamin if they eat that.... I'm not sure what do you think? They do get calcium dusted 3x a week (more for her).

So I'm starting to see little ripples going down her side's so she's gravid. She also stopped eating today (ate yesterday but not as much as she was). So what's the best liquid calcium that I might be able to get around me so I don't have to wait for shipping? Since she didn't eat today I mixed some powder in water so she would get some but I know that's not good enough.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that Bam Bam loves the Benebac, I thought he would. I have heard that some beardies get excited when they see the tube & almost attack it. :lol: I would continue to give a little to him, even daily won't do any harm at all. Sometimes they darken while in their tanks to help absorb the heat better and also when they react to different things. Would certainly be a good idea to have a fecal done though.

I looked up the Rep Cal pellets and found this:
Ingredients
Ground Corn, Soy hulls, soybean meal, wheat germ, dried apple pomace, Calcium Carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, salt, ascorbic acid, choline cloride,dried mango,dried papaya, dried strawberry, vegatable oil, methionine supplement, vitamin E supplement, spiruline, ferrous sulfate, potassium cloride, zinc sulfate, zinc oxide, niacin, copper sulfate,D-calcium pantthenate, bioten, vitamin B12 supplement, vitemin A acetate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, sodium selenite, thiamine mononitrate, D-activated animal sterol (source of vitamin D3), menadione dimethyl-pyrimidinol Bisulfate (source of vitiman K activity), Cobalt carbonate, inositol, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, folic acid, artificial color, natural flavor.
As far as still dusting with vitamins goes, if he isn't eating many, he may not be getting the vitamins he needs.

Sounds like your female is starting to get close to laying. The liquid vitamins I've found at pet stores really isn't as good as what you can get here: www.bug-de-lite.com and Tracie (another mod here) ships very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom