Hi from Washington :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I just joined deardeddragon.com. I'm very interested in adopting a dragon or two but for now I'm doing as much research as I can. I have reptile experience and I currently own two snakes, a 7.5ft Colombian Boa (Lexus) and a 5.5ft Ball Python (Prada).
I can't wait to talk to you all!

Savannah

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Welcome!! Wow those r big snakes! Ha yes u should definitely invest in some beardies they are awesome... Im sure we can answer any questions u have :D

misspeachesx

Original Poster
LovetheBeardie":315unjgm said:
Welcome!! Wow those r big snakes! Ha yes u should definitely invest in some beardies they are awesome... Im sure we can answer any questions u have :D

Thanks for the welcome :) I've been interested in beardies on and off for a while and I think I'm finally going to jump in and adopt one looking for a home. Most of my concerns, well questions, have to do with diet, lighting (I know nothing about UVB since I keep snakes lol) and those types of things. BTW Scarlett is a cute little girl!

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
misspeachesx":38t2trsc said:
LovetheBeardie":38t2trsc said:

Thanks for the welcome :) I've been interested in beardies on and off for a while and I think I'm finally going to jump in and adopt one looking for a home. Most of my concerns, well questions, have to do with diet, lighting (I know nothing about UVB since I keep snakes lol) and those types of things. BTW Scarlett is a cute little girl!

Thank u! You will need a basking light for the hot side and then u will also need a UVB whic we recommend the Reptisun 10.0.. U can get the Reptisun from www.petmountain.com .. My viv is rather large so I also have a ceramic heat emitter for night time.. :D

misspeachesx

Original Poster
LovetheBeardie":z7cz33n1 said:
misspeachesx":z7cz33n1 said:
LovetheBeardie":z7cz33n1 said:

Thank u! You will need a basking light for the hot side and then u will also need a UVB whic we recommend the Reptisun 10.0.. U can get the Reptisun from http://www.petmountain.com .. My viv is rather large so I also have a ceramic heat emitter for night time.. :D

My viv will be a 48x13 approx. 50 gallon tank and my room gets down to the low 60's occasionally so I'll have to use a CHE for night time. So I'll get a basking light, the UVB reptisun light and a CHE. I don't know if beardies are the same as snakes in the aspect that at night they will go into a hide box. If so, could I use a UTH under it to provide extra warmth?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
My viv is 48x24x24 and the CHE is perfect I wouldn't use the UTH Bc beardies sense the heat from their heads and they will burn their bellies on those heat mats and rocks Bc they can't sense how hot it's getting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom