Hi from the Prairies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyOmen

Just new to keeping bearded dragons. I only intended on getting one but ended up with two 8 month old German giant bearded dragons. I did a lot of reading on caring for a bearded dragon but I will admit I had no clue that there was a diff between the speciesism? I'm a tarantula keeper and have been for quite some time, this I know. Bearded dragons all looked the same to me then when I started reading this forum I noticed I missed a whole lot of information. I am looking forward to learning a ton from all of you. I'm a bit nervous about my beardies growth. They are huge right now at 8 months I'm hoping they are done growing. I will keep reading the forums to see what I can find on growth. This place is the greatest!!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Hi from Canada. Welcome :mrgreen: . You're sure to find your answers here. This is my favorite site for Beardies. Tarantula's? :shock: I'm scared to death of them :oops: But maybe you could post about them in the 'off topic' section. I'd love to learn more and get over my fear. I do love their fuzzy lil' bodies...from a far... :lol:

Amy2

Hatchling Member
Welcome! I am new also, there is so much to read and learn here! Congratulations on your new beardies, when you get a chance you will have to post pictures. I am terrified of spiders...we have wolf spiders around here and they scare me to death! They look a lot like a tarantula. :shock:
Amy

Alexa

Hi from Ireland!We have nothing here but rain,rain and more rain!Idon't mean to scare you ,but your beardies have three or four more YEARS of growing ahead.Iheard that they usually grow to about two foot long. :D

LadyOmen

Original Poster
Oh no!! I have them in a 105cm or so terrarium now that's about 4 feet long? How much space are they going to need?? And can they be together when they get bigger? This terrarium takes up a lot of space I can't imagine going and getting two. I could probably get a longer one if they exist but I've never seen one at the pet shop. Are they ok in this?? It is big.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Most people keep their beardies apart as they can and will fight over territory. One will most likely dominate the other. If space is an issue, then I recommend stacking terrariums. It's the safe route to go as nasty fights can result in nasty vet bills. Hope it all works out for you.

LadyOmen

Original Poster
At what age will they start to get territorial? They are 8 months right now. I have noticed the one that is a bit smaller does sit on the bigger one when they sleep. They are girls. They do the arm waving as well but it's mostly the little one that does it. They don't fight over food but the bigger one does get more cuz she's quicker. I'm thinking of feeding them separate due to that. Just curious about when I should worry about the territorial behavior?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
How long it's ok, depends on how long one dragon is willing to submit to the other . This could be days or even years. We keep them apart right from baby because there is no set time frame. It only takes a second for a limb to be lost. I would seperate asap. You can make a happy home for each of them out of almost anything. The DIY secetion has lots of great ideas that save alot of money and space. wish all 3 of you's the best. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom