Hi everyone!! And a whole list of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poly15

Hi all, I am a new beardie owner and someone suggested this site to me. i would like to introduce my new beardie Mongo
img0287nb6.jpg
I got him at the Philadelphia's reptile expo about a 2 months ago. I just have a few questions for everyone

#1 Mongo likes to randomly jump sometimes. Sometimes he jumps from pretty high up. He jumps from up to 6 feet in the air sometimes. What should I check for to make sure he is not getting injured? I try to keep him off high things but sometimes he will sit on my shoulder for 30 minutes and out of nowhere he will just leap off onto the ground.

#2 Mongo LOVES Super worms. How many super worms is it OK to feed him a day? I heard they are higher in fat and protein then things like crickets but he likes the super worms ALLOT more.

#3 Pheonix worms and silkworms. Where does everyone buy their silkworms and pheonix worms? I bought about 200 silk worms from a site and I put them all in a tupperwear thing and punched wholes in it but every single worm died.... Maybe the air wholes were not big enough? I don't know. What should I keep silkworms in?

#4 Last question. How long should my lights be on a day? I have them set for 13 hours right now.

Thank you for any and all help. THANKS!

img0289aq1.jpg

mikey

Sub-Adult Member
1) mongo is still fairly young and daring! i would keep him off of higher up perches. small jumps are ok, they usually shake them off, if they land on their feet. just be careful he doesnt land funny or show favoring of any limbs.

2) i could be incorrect, but i dont think you are supposed to feed small beardies super worms due to their hard exoskeleton. stick with phoenix worms, silkies, crickets and roaches.

3) i have yet to try silkies, but i get my PWs and crickets from http://www.wormman.com .

4) i leave my lights on for 14 hours. 13 should be fine.

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
tell us a little more about your silkworm setup. was everything clean? where you keeping silkworm chow in with them? how warm were they?

Poly15

Original Poster
Well, actually I decided that I am going to buy the silk worm pods so that I do not have to worry about them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom